The Caines are co-authors of nine books, and have written many articles and chapters for business and education. Their work integrates brain research, psychology, small group processes, systems thinking and education. They coined the term “Brain Based Learning in their ground breaking article in Educational Leadership in 1990. Their work has been used as foundational material for some of the world’s leading edge educational reform efforts.
Executive Director of Caine Learning.
Former tenured member of the faculty of law, University of New South Wales, Australia.
Former Education Services Manager of a National Software Company; Former state manager of a national publishing company; Former National Director of the Mind/Brain network of the American Society for Training and Development.
He has conducted numerous courses and workshops on learning, listening, leadership, and learning communities.
He has made presentations at many international, national and regional conferences and meetings. These range from the American Society for Training and Development and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development to the Eighth International Conference on Thinking and the Learning and the Brain Conference: A Web Connected World.
- Executive Director and Director of Research and Professional Development of the Natural Learning Research Institute.
- Award winning high school teacher.
- Professor Emeritus, California State University, San Bernardino.
- Her work with schools has been featured on “Teacher TV” on the Discovery Channel, “Wizards of Wisdom” on PBS and elsewhere.
- She has worked with schools and school districts on a short term and long term basis, and specializes in developing in-house trainers and facilitators.
- She has made international, national and regional presentations on topics ranging from stress management and natural learning to pedagogies for a high-tech world.